Saturday, December 25, 2010

My first post...went a little like this...

Hi there world, this is my first [of hopefully] many blog posts. A little bit about me, I'm Marie, or mariebeth. As of today, I am 27 years old, living in Ireland, a college student & single. Well those are some of the labels that could be attached to me.

I'm also a horse rider: 




Well, once a week when I go for lessons anyway! The guy in the picture is called Monty, he's one of the riding school horses that I ride. Haven't ridden him in a couple of months though since he decided to have a hissy fit during a lesson and basically he bucked, I stayed on, he kept bucking & I stayed on for two laps of the arena before I decided to jump off. Fun times...fun times!



I'm also a dog lover:



That's Betsy, our 12 year old Golden Retriever, in the snow last winter. We've had even worse snow this winter. It's actually abnormal how much snow there has been.


And that is Penny, our 4 year old Golden Labrador.



They are two of the sweetest dogs you will ever, ever come across! And no, I am not biased!



I live at home, with my mum & dad. I'm the youngest of 4 children, and yes, I am a little spoilt! We live in a house that has been in my dad's side of the family since the 1700s, which I think is pretty damn cool. My dad is a retired farmer, so I must admit I am the country type :) although, we live pretty close to a city, so I do think that I have the best of both worlds.



What am I doing in college? I'm currently in the second year of a degree in Early Childhood Studies, basically I'm learning all about how young children develop and learn, and the best ways to teach them. I'm not too sure what I want to do after I finish yet, but at the end of January I'm starting a 12-week work placement in a local special needs school, and hopefully that might give me a bit more direction. You would hope that I would have some direction at 27 wouldn't you?



As for the single life, well I broke up with my boyfriend of 18months at the beginning of November, two days before my birthday. D'oh...great timing, it meant I lost out on a present! Well to be fair, it would have been horrible to accept a present from him when my feelings had changed. As of today, I am single, but I do have a serious case of the likes for a guy that I got talking to on Thursday. I got talking to him on an internet dating website, which is a first for me, but we swapped numbers, and have been sending each other texts non-stop since Thursday. There's actually a very real spark there, and I'm so impatient because I want to meet him NOW! I just really hope that there will be a spark in real life. I totally didn't expect to get talking to someone that I would have such a spark with, but well, that's life isn't it?



Anyway, I think that's enough of a post for now, but I'm going to leave you with one last picture, and that's of me:






It was taken in August, on a nice, relatively warm day for Ireland!

Til my next post, mariebeth xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment